Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Day Success!!

Wow!! What an amazing first day back! I haven't been teaching long (4 years), but that was the best first day with a new class I have ever had! We spent a lot of time going over Neely O'Brien "Big 5" expectations. I was so impressed with how well the 6th graders knew the Big 5 and could even give me examples of following the Big 5!
 
1. Keep our school a safe place
2. Make responsible choices
3. Follow all reasonable requests
4. Respect yourself and others
5. Use good manners
 
I really do think by following those guidelines, success can be had in every aspect of life! These are the expectations I have of my students in and out of the classroom.
 
We also spent quite a bit of time today getting to know all the unique individuals in our class. I loved seeing you 6th graders fill out your "Facebook Profile" pages today. I appreciate that you didn't laugh too hard at my stick figure drawings :)
 
You will be doing more "get to know you" activities tomorrow and reviewing expectations for your academic effort and behavior. I look forward to really diving into the curriculum after Labor Day. Remember, NO SCHOOL Monday, September 2nd.
 
Sincerely,
Ms. Carlyle
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment