Tuesday, October 15, 2013

WOW: Impressed Teacher Right Here!

Hi 6th graders and 6th grade families! I wanted to take some time tonight to make a quick post about something that made me extremely happy today. I was out of the building for a professional development commitment, therefore the 6th graders had a guest teacher. I thought about my 6th graders all day; how they were doing on their geography quiz, if they did well in PE where Mr. Furukawa had a guest teacher as well, if they were being helpful and polite. I have to be honest, leaving my classroom in somebody else's hands is something that always brings me a touch of anxiety. I came back to school later in the afternoon and wanted to share with you all what I found on my desk....


I am consistently proud and impressed by this group of 6th graders....but this absolutely knocked my socks off. I am so incredibly grateful to have a class full of smart, kind, and respectful young adults. They truly deserve recognition for following the high expectations that I have set for them....but also, the high-expectations that they now set for themselves each and every day!!

Ms. Carlyle

No comments:

Post a Comment